Monday, December 24, 2012

accepted wedding invitation?

As the night comes and candle and twinkle lights make merry, I sit in the stillness to send time with my Lord. More than any other Christmas before is the powerful realization of the greatest gift ever - salvation!. Isaiah 61:10 describes it as a grand wedding party. "I delight greatly in the Lord ; my soul rejoices in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of Salvation and arrayed me in a robe of Righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." Wow!

A very grand party indeed! Beautiful best regal party clothes from His closet because you could never afford them. Look into the faces. They are glowing from His Glory. Eyes bright and smiles megawatt. Then the feasting begins and tummies satisfied. How trilling! Then as you look away…

Oh! What darkness when the soul is lost. It is so bitter. I relish in my salvation but my heart is so sad this Christmas for Mj and Anna. They need my Jesus. They need to surrender their lives. One is fearful of this world and what horror it contains for her dear little ones. The other has limited days left as brain cancer has his way with her. Oh to be saved from this world's fears. Oh to be saved from eternal torment.

So this Christmas I am most grateful of Salvation and earnestly pray that the best gift ever comes and unwraps itself to two special people in my life - one I know and one I so hope to greet in Heaven with a bear hug.

~*~ Merry Christmas ~*~

Is it merry for you? It could be. Accept the gift of Salvation and be amazed in the unwrapping …

No comments:

Post a Comment