Monday, December 31, 2012

Highlights of 2012

January :
• the bottom front teeth that have been hurting for the last month where the roots are showing through are all right. One doesn't need gums to keep the teeth grounded.
• Have stopped taking my Jeep Libreety to the big auto place and instead take to a local pop shop.
• After thinking there was no way I would own a home, I took a look and now I must make steps to see if it is truly mine. It has my name all over it.

February :
• Noel is moving! New choices. New changes for him. So much to talk about.
• I've been banging my head against the table over a mortgage loan.
• Buying a house!!!!

March:
• packing!!!!!
• 29th - house key in hand. Moving!!!
• 30th - dropped a frozen turkey on my left foot. Probably broke in two spots - big toe & between little toe & the one next to it.

April:
• cleaning carpets
• hobbling & in pain; foot swollen
• enjoying the wildlife - a black squirrel came up to the back step to say hi!

May:
• still hobbling & some pain
• enjoyed 4 baby raccoons in my back yard.
• painted my craftcave white & move in my crafty bits.

June :
• getting hot out there
• able to wear other shoes than those white slip one tennis shoes.
• painted toe nails purple to let my big toe fit in while wearing flip-flops.

July :
• over 100° for days. Drought setting in.
• Fourth of July week had a young doe come into my back yard at sun set. Wow!
• no fireworks - too dry
• painted my library to be in a dramatic Blue Cloud. The one wall is over eight feet tall and I did it all by myself. The foot wasn't happy with the tiny steps on the latter.
• while babysitting my littlest niece, I discovered swollen lymph nodes in the crease of left leg but I thought it was a hernia.

August :
• The slice and dice doc said the lymph nodes fight off germs and they can get infected and if doesn't get better, they take it out. He turned down the notion that it was quite possible that because my foot was broken and swollen for over two months that the lymph nodes got tired and took one for the team…

September :
• painted my master bedroom in a very dusty purple. It is my jewel box!!!!!
• The verdict is in - some lymph nodes need to come out sooner than later. Will test to make sure it isn't cancer. Very sure that it isn't.
• REALLY? Talk about freaking out!

October :
• 1st - day surgery.
• I've learn to pray that if I must go through this fire, I want my eyes wide open to see God's Presence. He answered according to my personality. I wasn't keen on bearing all but God was there with warm covers! I woke with 'thank You' on my lips and in the single tear that escaped.
• my sister in law is dealing with her health journey & with her mother's.

November :
• began grieving after realizing that my beloved Andy's days were numbered. Tried to catch as much time with him as possible and with photos.
• struggling with letting him go - will I get to see him again.
•. Spent my last Thanksgiving with Andy and he enjoyed his turkey and sitting with me.

December :
• 15th - Andy passed 6 days too late or so I had thought.
• 17th - shared my faith with a fearful coworker over Sandy Hook and my personal lost of my beloved Andy. Again I prayed that my eyes would see Jesus and He showed me that He wasn't late but right on time.
• 20th - NS sister is dying of brain cancer and needs Jesus
• there is no rest during the holiday season because of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment