Monday, December 10, 2012

grieving at His Knee …

dear Heavenly Father,
I am so grateful that I can come to You alone and pour out my grief. I need to cry, to let it out without hurting anyone else, without making anyone feel bad. My tears are liquid feelings, liquid empathy. What they don't see is that I am offering up sacrifice of praise to You even when tears stream uncontrollably.

I know I must give back this gift You've given. I know this will be a great void yet each time I feel it, I will praise You. It will hurt. I don't know how I will get through. I don't want to let him become a bygone memory. I want him to be a happy memory daily.… I am hoping to celebrate him in a x stitch journal.

Watching his decline even as he clings to us, I feel like King David. I will give my presence now and hold him close. When You take him, through the tears I will clean up and get up and praise You.

Thank You for collecting my tears. Thank You for Your Strong Arms that hold me together.

always,
tearful keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment