Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday, llj!

I started LLJ back in 2005 after a terrible month of May where a confidant wrote a good riddance letter and I was left sorely lacking in the conversation department. This confidant gave me a place to vocalize all the words that had been trapped for so long. I am a girl even if a bit on the quiet side and girls need to get their word allotment in or they become a not so nice word. One of the things the confidant had put out there was something about doing a blog together. I had begun the research and without his two cents anymore, I begun to pour my heart out here.

LLJ allowed me to vocalize and I found myself more peaceful. LLJ lets me speak and doesn't shut me up. Typing and seeing my words form on a white space gives my brain the allowance to think. It still amazes me that I might start with a very small speck of thought and then as my fingers do the writing dance, my brain begins to form strong thoughts, questions, and confidences.

I had hoped that I my writing would find friendly ears. I had thought this would be a great way to make strong connections and find fellow deep thinkers. I had also thought this would help me gauge my writing and thinking skills but no bites. So I keep training...

I started an addition in the past six months where I couldn't get enough of the Amigurumi world. From this I have grown the blogs I read. I love to listen to other women whether it be about their life, their home, or their craft. Reading blogs, crocheting, and my day job have sorely bit into my writing time. But I am a listener at heart and I find blogs a way to 'make friends' without them ever knowing and without the rejection or I have no time for you or your single and I am married jargon! Lame, I know but it is honest. All those barriers are gone in the blog world. Rock on wall flower girl!

So here is to the 5th year of the joys of writing and listening. May the this Mysterious Adventure I call my life-walk with Jesus Christ be fuller and richer with each new day.

4th bday
blogsphere

No comments:

Post a Comment