Sunday, June 07, 2009

growing faith ...

In a conversation of a friendship that needed to end the guy told the girl that he had never met someone so intent on growing. The girl took it as a compliment even if it didn't seem to be. She was growing and hoped that she could prove her growth by ending this friendship that should not be.

With my years on this earth I cannot imagine not growing. As I look at other earthlings I wonder if they feel the same way or not or if they are just contented with life as is. The boy in above story seems to be one that just takes life as is and himself as is. I find that stagnate and if there is seeking, it is a seeking after things that cannot satisfy. This would drive me crazy!

I am trying to move from strength to strength as described in Psalms 84:5-7.
"Bless is the man whose strength is in You,
whose heart is set on a pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca/Weeping,
they make it a spring;
the rain also covers it with pools.
They go from strength to strength..."


I was listening to Pastor Adrien Rogers this week and he spoke on growth. I took some notes:
'When you cease to grow you cease to go good.''
*faith that knows
+faith that grows
+faith that shows
=fruitful (not barren)

Add to your faith
virtue
knowledge
temperance / self control
patience
loving kindness
charity
~II Peter 1:5

'It is a precious faith. Give all diligence to grow.'

No comments:

Post a Comment