Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Winter Morn …

I am bit peculiar about color. It is deep rooted in how it makes me feel. I like to wear or surround myself with colors that are clean like white. I like royal colors like purples and berry reds. I like blues like the deep calm expressive cornflower blue that comes to ours skies in October. These colors fill me with warmth, strength, and joy. However, my house needs total overhaul when it comes to color.

It has been a long road to make this happen. I got my craftcave white and bright from the leftover paint. Bring on the creativity!! I got the tall walls in the library draped in Blue Cloud. It feels deep and inspiring. More daydreaming, writing, and reading ahead. I got the master bedroom robbed in a rich dusty purple. Feels like a jewel box with accents of the deep wood and silver. That was what I could do last year.

A new year and with the cans of white paint waiting, it is time to tackle the dirty drab beige walls that make up the main living space. I've been working it slowly each Saturday and I am amazed at the transformation. I now can sit back and take in the beautiful Winter Morn white walls in the living and dining rooms. I takes my breath away. I even was able to move my patriotic and cobalt dishes into my hutch! What a delight to see the reds, the blues, and the whites come together.

After a hard year and starting a fresh one, it is nice to have a fresh colorful start but not forgetting lessons learned in the dark.

A blessed remembrance is that a long time ago my Heavenly Father painted the drab beige walls of my heart this brilliant white. What a gift salvation is. When darkness comes and I can't see the white walls, I need to get into the lap of my Heavenly Father and let Him sing over me reminding me that His Plans are better. His Red washes making dirty hearts Whiter than snow and His Peace is restful blue.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His Wonderful Light. "
~1 Peter 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment