Tuesday, January 08, 2013

scattering and gathering …

2012 has been an extremely rough year for me. I don't think I'm exaggerating to say it has been the worst so far. I've had hard times, loss and deaths before and I don't want to diminish the labor or the lessons learned, but this year it has been unrelenting with the battering. Some think this will be the norm as the earth's time winds down.

I began the year with the prospect of buying a home. I was very scared and tried to reframe it as a feast. Just take one bite at a time and try not to let it frighten little me. All feasting daydreams vanished as the huge frozen turkey landed on my foot and the each month since has been like wading through a dark bog.

Upon reflection this year indeed was about feasting and taking one bite after another! No it wasn't enjoyable feasting but rather about the daunting task of eating, chewing, & swallowing a feast of tough pork chops. It was a feast of the unknown and allowing God to have His Way with me.

After trying to process and working to de-stress and begin anew, I realized that I had gathered all the negatives together and they over powered me. Shame on me! On comes the hazmat suit to scatter these sticks of dynamite away from each other and to defuse each separately and then gather the good together.

When I started doing so the unknown isn't holding up in the face that God keeps being Present in my life. I like that a lot! The smile is a lot easier but it has not been easy to stay on top. I'm having to stare defiantly in the face of the unknown and see that God was always there and He provided all the way.

So 2013 may come at me again hitting and striking. Time to hit back with good treasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment