Sunday, January 13, 2013

what to keep…

I have been feeling small this week. It's the little things like sensing mom is either upset with me or she isn't back to her chipper self after being sick. It's having those who are more loud being very vocal on their opinions about certain controversial things found in the Bible that are decisive and point away from His Holy Word. This isn't how I wanted to start 2013.

I am small. I am quiet. I am obstinate yet I abhor conflict. I'll end up fading instead of speaking out. She feels it is of God in her stand as do I where I stand. I don't know how to pray. I don't think it right to ask for God's assurance that I am right and she is wrong. I do have to make my path as true to His Word as I can.

I do believe I'm done with this girl's Bible study. I do better studying on my own and under sound male Bible teachers like ones on radio where I don't have to worry about the rest of the class and especially women cackle.

I did find some encouragement to pray:
my Dear Heavenly Father,
"Keep me as the apple of your eye; Hide me in the shadow of your wings…" (Psalms 17:8). I don't want to lose my passion or desire for You. I have treasured the JOY You give and can't go on without it. Keep me…. Please keep me…

No comments:

Post a Comment