Thursday, March 04, 2010

victory in scars?

Last night I was struggling with an old festering wound.  It is about loss and I don’t want to totally give this up.  I don’t want to burn old pictures or letters.  I don’t want to toss old magazines or even the socks.  I don’t want to give up the habits of holding on that I have been doing for the last five years.  I hate late night tears and they were coming.  So I just left my grief at His Feet and turned away to sleep.

 

This morning I was minding my own business and singing to God when Pastor Luzter came on the radio speaking of wounds.  Just what I needed so I jotted down the searing words.  This will be part of my ‘talk back’ so that maybe this wound I hold will heal and I can walk upright again.

 

“Some people never let their wounds heal.

Scars are proof of VICTORY.

Let the wounded Jesus Christ bless and heal your wounds.”

~ Pastor Luzter

No comments:

Post a Comment