Monday, March 22, 2010

left my suitcase in Brizzy...

I learned today that ‘to leave your suitcase Berlin’ is a German expression for having emotional and heart ties to a certain place.  I like this expression for I have left my heart in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.   No I have never visited the place but I got to know someone from there and if I should be so fortunate to travel Downunder I would have to go to Brisbane.  The tourist haunts would most definitely come second to this town and community.  I want to soak up the ambiance of the place for pieces of my heart are on a different shore …

 

Today blogs help me to do some virtual travel and my suitcase over there gets bigger and bigger!  Funny how Brizzy has become my town in my own crazy way.  Forget the Sydney Harbor for I would rather visit the Finder Keeper Markets, RiverFire fireworks, Ekka … etc.  I would also have to check out every day life and just the every day stores because I want that experience and not just the show you get if you are a tourist.  Silly, I know but I want to visit their Target and their Aldi’s!  Sure I would mind to dip my toe in the ocean there but I did say I wanted an everyday experience didn’t I?

 

{sighs & smiles}

No comments:

Post a Comment