Friday, March 05, 2010

bread bubbles ...

What echoes in my mind when people say something negative to me about me like my hair or when people say something negative about others and harps on it like it is the only string left is “Love builds up.  Knowledge puffs up.” (I Cor. 8:1)  Yesterday I got home with my brain ringing over all the tearing down words I endured.  I am a quiet person and I don’t know how to tell them to shut up.  I feel very chained and deflated.  It takes a lot of hard work to clean out my mental space and to think on things above.  I’ve been singing songs and praying for others just to shut out the noise.  This morning I wrote this verse down on paper and what does my visual side do?  It started to picture this verse.

 

The ‘pea under my mattress’ was knowledge.  Knowledge is suppose to be a good thing.  Proverbs is all about getting Wisdom and Understanding.  I deeply feel this knowledge is different than Proverbs’ Wisdom and Understanding.  I see this knowledge as that juicy morsel about someone that you use and twist as a dagger in their back whether face to face or to others.  Ok, ready for my paraphrase of this verse?

 

Love builds up like brick - strong and fit.

Juicy morsels puffs up like bread bubbles that pop.

 

That is what came to mind and it might need some work but it is definitely something to think about when juicy morsels are on our lips…. Are we building up or popping others?  And maybe when we feel that all we have is popped bread bubbles all over our hearts and brains that to remember we are truly valued and loved in our Heavenly Father’s Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment