Monday, March 29, 2010

twilight ...

The niece has read the Twilight series and I asked some questions but they could have been better questions.  The questions are for me to understand the power these books have over girls and to see the thought process of my niece.  An aunt has the ability to be a Watchman over the kids in a different way than parents.  {I am still learning!}

 

I remember back to my college English professor and a discussion we had over literature and how to deal with our Christian beliefs and values in a secular world.  I do believe I am going to have to break down and read the Twilight series and forget the notion that ‘what you read is what you are’.  (It feels like going grocery shopping and having people make their assumptions by what you buy.)  Argh!

 

The author was having trouble sleeping and had young.  From a dream came this vivid scene, where Edward reveals to Bella his true nature.  It was so powerful that she had to finish the story.  She was obsessed and would be up all hours writing.  It was an escape for her.

 

I can’t help but notice the draw it has on the girls especially.  Just from the first movie, I could feel the draw.  Even if there is nothing dark and evil, it is a good way to talk to my niece about girl boy relationships. 

 

Maybe it is nothing but when the niece said that she often thinks about the story and feels like she is Bella, I believe I need to see if I can dig into my niece’s world a bit to make sure she doesn’t lose sight of the Sure Foundation.  :::Note to self::: Must do it in a real cool aunt kind of way! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment