Sunday, March 08, 2009

home vs street

I love the word picture in Proverbs 7 that King Solomon has painted here. You have someone safe in a home looking out onto the street. I like to picture here a fireplace warm and inviting with a comfy rocking chair close by with a table and a reading lamp. The pantry is full so the tummy is full. This home has four walls protecting and keeping the occupants warm, safe, and dry. In that rocking chair sits a the occupant reading the Living Word - then looks up to see a wonderer outside in the street.

This wonderer is aimless and probably lost but it doesn't seem to bother by it. A harlot is in the road and this harlot is any one who has defiled themselves by doing anything to defile God no matter the gender. The words from this harlot is dangereous and sweet. A wonderer really doesn't have anything to stand by - it is whatever. The harlot is even married and says so quite frankly and matter of fact-like to the wonderer. There are no worries! The home-dweller is shocked to see that there is no running or fleeing but the wonderer has come under some spell because there has been no binding the Word on the heart. So all protection the Word has cannot protect if one doesn't have it bound on their minds and hearts.

Proverbs 7
''My children, keep My Words, and treasure My Commands within you. Keep My Commands and LIVE, and My Laws as the apple of your eye. Bind Them on the tablet of your heart.''

~When my life is out of whack, it is either because I don't know what the Word says or I am not doing what the Word says.

~In every situation you are either going to believe the Word of God or the lies of the evil one.

No comments:

Post a Comment