Thursday, March 19, 2009

highway ...

I know that my journey as a believer is on a narrow path. Jesus even said this in Mat 7:14 'Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.' Many times I have felt the narrow begin to squeeze in. That is ok and it is as it should be. So imagine my surprise that my beloved narrow way could be describe in another way - a more broad means.

I love words and as I read I find God giving me words that intrigue me and keep me in the wondering about them. The word is highway.

Isaiah 35 has quickly become a favorite because it is totally about JOY. Here in verse 8 I found 'way of holiness' described as a highway! Hmm, that is way different from what I have always known as a narrow way. Look up the meaning of highway and it is a public road. Another hmmm.

Isaiah 35:8-9
And a highway will be there;
it will be called the Way of Holiness.
The unclean will not journey on it;
it will be for those who walk in that Way;
wicked fools will not go about on it.
No lion will be there,
nor will any ferocious beast get up on it;
they will not be found there.
But only the redeemed will walk there

When I stumble upon something intriguing like this in the Word, I tuck it back in the brain to ponder. To my lovely surprise as I was reading a chapter of Proverbs a day, highwaycame up again two days in a row.

Prov 15:19 The way of the lazy man is like a hedge of thorns, But the way of the upright is a highway.
Prov 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who keeps his way preserves his soul.

Each verse is more meaning to this highway and yet I want to learn more. I can't help but think the meaning has something to do with the Way being lofty and high up. I love sitting at the feet of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment