Thursday, February 26, 2009

one marble ...

You know how a parent or teacher takes a jar full of marbles to help a small child understand the concept of time by having the child take out a marble for each day - maybe there is a big celebration when all the marbles are taken from the jar or someone is coming home after a long absence. Now that child has something visual to understand how much time he has.

This week a radio pastor was talking about how much time an average person has here on earth. He has a jar of marbles and with how much time he has in months sitting on his desk. Every month he takes out a marble. This helps him taking an accounting of his days. Another man has just one marble in the jar.

I have decided to have the one marble in the jar to sit on my desk at work and also have the same reminder at home. But I am adding the verse found in ....

(bummer ... can't find it by googling it ... going through my marked up new testament....)

It is amazing how it changes your decision making and fearing not takes hold. It just might help me be less tentative and more bold. No, I will continue to think because I am a thinker but once I have had a good think it is time to grab that jar with the one marble and talk back the verse in my very intense voice like I mean it. {smiles}

(off to find the verse - brb)

Proverbs 27:1 seems to be the one that I had found a comfort in but I don't remember it the way it is written... but I tend to pray verses out using what I glean ... so maybe I saw it as I just have today - one marble....

''Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.''

No comments:

Post a Comment