Saturday, February 21, 2009

my picks ...

So the Oscars are all the buzz but like always they pick weird and in my humble opinion downright wacky flicks! I am a movie buff of sorts but I am picky. So here is my bit of what I thought was Oscar worthy:

~ Australia ~
for the epic like story and for the wonderful overall epic picture. I am an Australian buff. I loved the accents, the Australian words, and the harsh but beautiful Australian land.

~ The Dark Night ~
for the moral between the dark and the light. I love the depth that this movies has and only the lucky few tap into that depth and glean the wealth. Most just get off on the darkness and destruction. Others are offended by the violence.

~ Nim's Island ~
for the child and the romantic in us all. It is cute and it also has a smidge of Australia in it.

~ Fireproof ~
for the stand on marriage. It is about keeping the marriage sacred. You won't find it in hollywood and we didn't. The church brought to hollywood.

links to my movie reviews..

No comments:

Post a Comment