Thursday, February 05, 2009

given bountifully ...

'For there is no one who acknowledges me ... ' Have you ever felt like that? I tend to feel most times and I just go on but sometimes I feel it acutely. I am a work horse and can work quietly on my own. Numbers is not my thing so this job takes all the patterns and obsession to detail that I have to manage this huge job. With God, I did it to the best of my ability. I had conversations with God without ceasing to get me through the tough times. Now the times have changed and I have a boss who is more hands on which I am finding I don't like so well only because life has shown me that I am much better off working alone. I say this as it wasn't a choice. I just haven't found much in the way of people who want to work with me as a team.

Anyways, today I began to feel 'unacknowledged' and it was beginning to bug me. I stole away a moment to read God's Word hoping for some peace and comfort. God does not disappoint! No wonder I love King David...

Psalms 142
A Contemplation of David. A Prayer when he was in the cave.

I cry out to the LORD with my voice;
With my voice to the LORD I make my supplication.

I pour out my complaint before Him;
I declare before Him my trouble.

When my spirit was overwhelmed within me,
Then You knew my path.
In the way in which I walk
they have secretly set a snare for me.

Look on my right hand and see,
For there is no one who acknowledges me;
Refuge has failed me; No one cares for my soul.


I cried out to You, O LORD: I said,
"You are my Refuge, My portion in the land of the living.

Attend to my cry, For I am brought very low;
Deliver me from my persecutors, For they are stronger than I.

Bring my soul out of prison,
That I may praise Your name;
The righteous shall surround me,
For You shall deal bountifully with me."


...He often speaks aloud my feelings. I don't have to complain anymore! I just read King David's word and I feel my feelings are acknowledged and then I am comforted as King David leads me into praising Almighty God.

No comments:

Post a Comment