Thursday, November 06, 2008

Godly meditation vs earthly meditation

Again on the radio (bnn), a contrast was given on meditation. It was clear and precise. Now I won't be timid in my admitting to meditation! So here it goes:

earthly meditation = emptying the mind.

Godly Meditation = filling the mind.

Need proof?
What to fill the mind with?


Jos 1:8
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Ps 1:2
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Ps 63:6
When I remember Thee upon my bed, and meditate on Thee in the night watches.

Ps 77:12
I will meditate also of all Thy work, and talk of Thy doings.

Ps 119:15
I will meditate in Thy precepts, and have respect unto Thy ways.

Ps 143:5
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Thy works; I muse on the work of Thy hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment