Sunday, November 16, 2008

Are You not ...?

I always love a good outline for a letter. Letters are important way to communicate. You are alone with your thoughts and you are forming thought into words and trying to reach out. Prayer is like letter. Ravi pointed out that Johoshaphat's prayer took on a form and questioned what we would put into our letter/prayer to God.

~II Chronicles 20:1-30 for your own read~

Dear God,
Are You not _____________?
Did You not _____________?
Will You not _____________?
from me.


I love having something to chew on and this really makes you think and seek out God in His Word. It makes you look at the Great Stories of Promise and Blessing and pull them into your life. It is 'talking back' the Word. It is putting your faith on the line and then seeing God work His way in your life.

1 comment:

  1. I should have used my questions instead of going into blown mind mode. Every thought and word from my mouth was very jumble and erratic. Bro felt we were arriving at the same conclusion and we were NOT. I love my brothers very much and they feel I get bossy. I should have used my questions - something I could be very good at when it comes to discussion but have not figured out in a safe place.

    Luke 12:29
    'Neither be ye of doubtful mind.'

    ReplyDelete