Saturday, July 26, 2008

E & M

What a beautiful wedding! The bride is 20 and I think the groom is 22 at the most. The are a young christian couple and boldly shared the gospel by having the pastor preach a little 'sermonette' about the wedding picture being a reflection of the sinner coming to Christ. All a sinner has is a broken contrite heart but Jesus Christ has the Cross and His dying for the sinner. This single girl knows from the bottom of her heart that the joining of man and woman is a picture of God but had not really visually viewed it like this. Definitely a keeper for me to keep pondering over. LOVED IT. I think this was the best part of the wedding for me.

I only know of Mitch through Erica. So I paid attention to his actions. Oh, he looked like a boy in the candy factory. His face was just a glow in a smile all the time and with his red hair it was so adorable. I have been to a good share of weddings in my day and I think this is the first time I saw a young man very excited and contented and very ready for this new thing to be. Most grooms are scared to dead and very much looks it!

Of course the whole place was beautiful. I have been getting to hear snippets of the preparation and I couldn't wait to get to see it. Erica is so very organized and she never seemed to stress over any part. She was frugal and creative. I just can see this marriage as something that is loved filled and will last a lifetime.

I wanted to see her hard work and I don't mind going to the wedding part. I do not like the reception and I usually leave after the wedding. But I wanted to see the decorations and the slide show. I went and made it all by myself. I did have work peeps that I could sit with. Even though there was lettuce, candy, and cake, I was quite happily surprised that the meal of pork, potatoes and green beans where foods that I could eat!!!! You don't know how it feels to have everyone eat around you and you can't because you are allergic. People commit - AWKWARD. I saw a family friend that I went up to and talked a bit. We were both surprised to know that Erica was the common link to why we attended.

I still was ill at ease but I know God's peace was with me. Weddings are hard and having to go to them by yourself is even harder. Being in the deep in of thirty, I still wonder if I will have to endure being a loner all my life. Too hard, I say. But God says no, it isn't. So by faith, I keep walking with my hand in His.

Be calm within your soul...
Even the restless waves,
which break upon the shore,
find their way, from time to time,
into peaceful, tranquil harbors.


I did have a great time creating a painted gift for her. She loves my stuff so I had to do something so cool that would blow her mind. She loves the wine bottles that I do for dish soap but she is into browns and the soft colors that go with it. I just so happened to have a brown wine bottle not a beer bottle but a brown wine bottle. She is in love with daisies and is wanting to go sage in her kitchen. I also found a great copper round tray at my favorite place - TARGET. I did daisies up the side and put their last name and date on it. I didn't forget to put butterflies on it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment