Thursday, July 17, 2008

timewarp ...

All I wanted to do was get my Appleworks back. Shouldn't that be important to someone who wants to write? It came with my Mac and I have written things down that I want access too. Well, this girl tried to find it and when I put the disk in and pushed buttons that I shouldn't have, I broke my Apple even more so much so that I was sent back to operating system 9! Nothing worked and I couldn't even get online. I still had the music, pictures, and documents that I could retrieve. It took a bit to get a USB large enough and then when I went to get it, Staples didn't have it. Now that is a story and a half. The helper was a bit wacked out but Staples did send me the USB port. Well, because I was not home to receive this package, I put a note for UPS to leave it. I had no way to access the Internet for an official leave-the-package-or-i-just-might-go-ballistic document. No, they would not leave it. So I got it the next day only to find out that this fantastic lifesaver would not work on an OS 9. I was hoping what I could to my tiny USB ports and then got a notion to transfer them over to the big USB port at work. Yesterday, I reloaded my Tiger. Got back to OS X but couldn't get online. Plus, Appleworks still was broken. Today, I was ready and erased the whole thing and reinstall Tiger. Guess what? No Appleworks to be found! What? I did save all the dmg's so that I would not have to waste precious time reloading all the things I had downloaded. They worked too. Very happy about that. Not sure if I was successful at saving my Safari preferences. I hope I have a good memory! It will take me some time to get everything back just the way I like it.

I missed my writing ...
I did have good thoughts but my brain was working overtime on how to fix things up. Furious about Appleworks. Still wishing for an Apple friend. Could have used one! And sadly, no one seemed to miss me. But that is my life. A loner...

1 comment: