Thursday, January 14, 2010

punishment or just schooling?

Hebrews 12:7-11

7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?
8 If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons.
9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live!
10 Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness.
11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


You can think of the hardships as you messing up and in need of correction. Sure that happens but sometimes there are times when I am just struggling and I haven't done wrong. Then I had a thought! I have a bit of teacher in me and I lovvvvvvve learning. So lets think about it as schooling. You wouldn't send your kid just for kindergarden and first grade and then yank him out. It would be consider horrible! There is soooo much out there like reading and math that you kid needs to survive!

So my Heavenly Father & Master Teacher 'discipline' is more like schooling and let me tell you I did horrible with the math. It was hard and my brain is more of a creative free spirit. The hardship wasn't because I did wrong but because it seemed unnatural to me. I needed to learn it.Because the learning was hard, I can say without a doubt that when I finally get it - IT IS MINE to keep! With my love for words, you often will find me making a simple word formula out of something I want to keep in a throw back to math formulas.

Not all bad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment