Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the desert road ...

"When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, "If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt. So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea." Exodus 13:17-22

Oh dear, how many times to I weep and wail about how much time it seems to take for me to get along in my journey or to learn a lesson. It could be the longer winding is better suited to my strength building. There will be battles to face but just maybe it isn't for today because I am not ready. God trains my arms for war and builds my strength upon strength. I have learned that from the Psalms. Just why is it easy to be let the eyes slip focus from the Pillar of God's Glory and Mighty Works? Do I want to roam the desert for 40 years? Noooooo.... so let me follow my Heavenly Father the scenic route is just fine with me. I will rejoice!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great perspective. Thank you for the reminder of God's leading and that it isn't always what we would choose but He knows what is best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like letting go & free falling .... His Hands will always catch us ... now only to trust & obey {takes my breath away}

    ReplyDelete