Thursday, July 16, 2009

prayer battle ...

.:notes on Prayer from Adrian Rogers:.
JAMES 4
v.3 ... 'You ask & do not receive,
because you ask amiss,
that you spend it on your pleasures'

1. sensitivity to the Spirit
2. submission to the Father (Thy will be done) v.6
3. resist the devil v.7
---the devil fears our prayers
---God intends to win the war through our prayers
4. separation from the world
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I missed the last portion of his sermon and you know the notes need to end in odd number so I am adding a number 5!

5. unification to God
---pure living or clean living
---cleanse heart, mind, & body

The Word says to pray without ceasing and I don't have a problem with that. Living alone and knowing God is always there and always listening, He gets the brunt of my words! But with honesty, I have realized that I have used frustrating words and tended to end up crying. I realized that I was being quite selfish - mainly I was a brat. I have changed the way that I have prayed. I strongly believe that in order to have a good prayer life you must ask yourself how much you pray. Do you pray more than you read the Bible? If you do, you are talking tooooo much. The Spirit prompted that question to me and I was mortified. Here this relationship I have with the Heavenly Father was very much me talking toooo much. I needed to view this as a conversation. If I pride myself in being a listener than why am I not listening to His Words more? Reading the Bible and praying needs to be equal if not more reading scripture.

I can always use encouragement when it comes to prayer. I can always work on my relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment