Tuesday, June 28, 2016

unwelcomed ... guest?

"... people, certain people, just know how to step into my nice clean day and muddy up the whole thing. There I am frustrated .....that seed of frustration soon engulfs my whole being..... I go home feeling that I failed because I let them get me frustrated. I don't like that word- let. They come barging in... I don't let them. They are unwelcomed .... {guests?) {sigh} oh, what to do with those pesky guests.... Well, there goes my mind jumping off the deep end thinking about this word picture..."

~~~

This was part of my conversation with a co-worker.  I was feeling her pain and then I realized that I found a possible key to preventing the frustration from souring my attitude.

I had finished the sentence 'they are unwelcomed' and sat there staring at the sentence.  Guests?  So I added guests.  Thump.  Thump.  Thump.  What if I stopped focusing on unwelcomed and focused on guests?  What if I sent them off better than I received them?  Wouldn't the weed seeds of frustration die off because of the lack of oxygen and nutrients? 

Hmmm, this will certainly give me a better outlook.  It still will be tough but I can talk down an attitude with this simple word picture.  

Thank You, Heavenly Father!  I asked and You answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment