Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Corrie Ten Boom

her quotes:

Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the 
temperature of the heart. 

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength. 

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

The first step on the way to victory is to recognize the enemy.

Discernment is God's call to intercession, never to faultfinding. 

Memories are the key not to the past, but to the future. 

Let God's promises shine on your problems.

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

God will give us the love to be able to forgive our enemies. 

“When people come up and give me a compliment–‘Corrie, that was a good talk,’ or ‘Corrie, you were so brave,’ I take each remark as if it were a flower. At the end of each day I lift up the bouquet of flowers I have gathered throughout the day and say, ‘Here you are, Lord, it is all Yours.'”



~~~

her books:


~~~

I have been listening to "The Hiding Place" for the second time and with better ears.  I feel the end days heating up and I want to remember more her story.  I started to do a little research on her and was so surprised to find that Corrie has written a lot of books!  She is a good storyteller and I now I am on the prowl to find more of her writings.  I love the title "Don't Wrestle, Just Nestle."  Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment