Monday, July 04, 2016

The American Crisis 2016

"These are the times that try men's souls."

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem to lightly: 'tis dearness only that gives everything it's value." 

"Let them call me rebel, and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is 
that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man."

Thomas Paine
The American Crisis
December 19,1776

~~~

It is America's 240th birthday.  Independence Day 2016.  These are the times that try men's souls... 
Terror.  No morality.  No Bible.  No God.  Two 'presidential' candidates - one a lier and a cheat the other a loud buffoon.  

Is America no longer dear to us?  

No comments:

Post a Comment