Sunday, October 26, 2014

expectation ...

You know there are some words that we use that if we were really honest we really don't know the meaning.  Sometimes I ask God to help me with a word so I can be more deliberate with my definition.  So what is the word?  expectation.

Live long enough and you realize that having expectations of people is really you trying to control them and when they fail, you're heart breaks by your own hand as you blame them.  Then you swear you won't ever trust another human being.  Yet, I believe you should have expectation in life but it must be directed towards God and it has to be empty of your own directives.

It is being that wide eyed child expecting only that God is Good and Sovereign.  The only two questions allowed to utter is what good will God provide me today? and how will God transform me today? then sit back and wait on Him to surprize you. The answers will at times involve pain but He is very trustworthy and loves us greatly.  Your answer back to your Heavenly Father is Joy and Thanksgiving...  by doing so you avoid a lot of disappointment.

I long for simple black and white child like faith in my grey adult world.  Keeping my expectations hidden in His Capable Hands allows my inner child to come out to play and enjoy life fully and feel pain deeper yet without drowning.  

As I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I will delightfully recount my many blessings and take notice of His Touch on my life as He makes me more like Him... 

Great is Thy Faithfulness 
moment by moment 
new mercies I see
all that I have need of 
Thy Hand hasth provided 
Great is Thy Faithfulness 

No comments:

Post a Comment