Monday, April 15, 2013

leanness …

It is erie to read history only to have it feel like today. We have forgotten our thankfulness to God. Scratch that. We have kicked God to the curb. We are so into OUR OWN INVENTIONS. We create things and defile them. God calls it whoring. We are definitely in the wilderness but we are blind to our own affliction. We don't cry out. God's wrath jealously burns but He would rather us to come running into His waiting Arms. We just go on whoring blind and dumb. What will it take to feel the leanness in our souls?

Psalms 106

As a believer what really caught my eye was the "leanness of the soul". I've had this leanness in my soul. I lacked His Joy. I embraced duplicity. It wasn't until God brought me low that I began to focus on thanksgiving because it was all I could do. It was hard to sing but I did even if all I could do was hum. God Who created me and begun a good work in me, begun to change and grow me.

You know that BBQ ribs are best when juicy, succulent, and fat. Where you are smacking your lips and the yumminess oozes all over your face and smile deepens and the eyes brighten in ecstasy… FAT. Fatness of soul … what a ministry a fatness of soul believer can have in a wasteland of leanness of soul earthbound pagans. Yet it will be like trying to get someone to eat after they have crossed the threshold of actively starving themselves but we must share… It is the hardest task in this age - to get an anorexic soul to come to Salvation's Feast laden table. Which means that believer's need to keep their soul's fat by feasting on the Word to keep fit in these days of famine and wasteland.

Save us, O Lord our God, and gather us from among the heathen, to give thanks unto thy holy name, and to triumph in thy praise. ~Psalms 106:47

Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up. ~ James 4:9, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment