Sunday, April 21, 2013

juice in the grape …

Oh, how it feels like the last of the last days! Can it get any worse before my Lord and Master takes me out with a trumpet shout? He could come yet today but He could wait many more days for those who yet need to choose Him.

Summer 2012 was extremely hot and very dry. The woods thinned. Corn fields browned and crisped in the height of July making me sad and a bit worried as I drove to work and home in air condition each day. Pear trees had no pears for pear butter. Birds had daily pool parties at the bird bath that I kept filled for them. And the grapes? The sparse shriveled clusters on the vines had no promise left in them. Deep in the soul of today, it is hot dry summer with no juice left in the grape. Or is there a hint of that deep stain?

'In the later times many will abandon the faith' ( I Timothy 4:1). How disturbing! I look deep within. How do you keep the faith when all are forsaking? Then I found an interesting verse - a little something to quench the thirst: "As when juice is still found in a cluster of grapes…don't destroy it, there is yet some good in it." Isaiah 65:8.

It is that age old promise again. God promised to Abraham that He would not destroy Sodom and Gomorrah if there where still believers left. He promises that still today. We are still here so there is still juice in the grape! There is Hope. This is my job! Be ready for the harvest is near and then wine season will begin. So until then, keep the juice in the grape!

No comments:

Post a Comment