Wednesday, June 02, 2010

the pilot is my dad ...

I heard a story today that I just have to retell if I can.... I think is it is a true story too.

It takes place on a plane. It begins as a gentle clean flight then it becomes turbulent. Some passengers become hysterical while others begin to pray while others are rigid and stiff holding on for dear life. In the midst of the chaos is this little girl who seems so oblivious to the ups and drops of the plane. The plane finally landed and a passenger who was watching the little girl in total amazement asked her why she was so calm. Her response was "the pilot is my dad and he is taking me home."

Isn't that a beautiful response? Isn't this how we believers should feel about our own life journeys no matter how crazy or how hurtful or how lonely or how frustrating or how joyful? We have a Pilot in control and He is flying us Home. How peaceful and calming ......

No comments:

Post a Comment