Saturday, November 03, 2007

Martian Child ...

A 10! and bring kleenxs if you are a misfit. It rips your heart right open.

Don't you get tired of all the good byes? Doesn't your heart rip away more and more everytime someone leaves because for whatever reason they didn't give, it adds up in your own heart that you weren't good enough for them to stay? How do you cope? Imaginations are a more sure friend than earthlings any day! But when love is action it begins to melt the heart you have fortified with ice blocks to keep what is left of your heart from getting burned by absence and take aways that others seem to do to you.

Being a Martian Adult I see from both sides. I see wanting to go away into the imagination but the yearning to connect and the yearning to be accepted especially by at least one male outside family, keeps me trying to connect. So there you have it, me who is running away and running into head long, all the while standing in one place ... invisable.

A real true for me is that I am most likely a self imposed misfit. I have a stuborn streak with a mile berth. I don't go with crowd. I never like the crowd. It isn't that I want to be difficult, it is because there is a place in me that says go this way. It is important to be me and stop trying to be someone else. It is a huge struggle to be unique and accepted.

The movie is gets down and dirty in this misfit world. You cheer this father and son in their attempt to balance out their world - being themselves and connecting...

No comments:

Post a Comment