Sunday, February 14, 2016

can you feel prayers?

Can you feel prayers?  This question keeps hounding my thoughts.  I honestly don't feel prayers.  Wouldn't you know the associate pastor and his wife were commenting on feeling prayers when they were visiting my Dad yesterday.  What?  Has my feeling meter bottomed out?  Is something wrong with me?  We have just gone through some major life and death stuff.  Am I numb?

I am a feeler.  When I see someone overcome with tears, I become a blubbering idiot.  Keep me away from funeral homes.  I know I am not numb to pain or heartache.  Is my spiritual radar not working?

With Dad's heart valve replacement and bypass surgery, I had and continue to make my requests known to God.  I have a lot of prayers answered.  My desires were meant.  Yes, Dad came through the surgery with flying colors.  I am overwhelmed happy about it.  However my top prayer has been answered which was to SEE God's handwriting all over this surgery and to continue to see Him through the healing process.  It didn't matter which way God was going to bring us through, I wanted to SEE HIM! Wow!  I SEE.

Dad's valve had only the space of the writing end of a pencil for the blood to travel through it.  Those times he had to stop and rest because he felt like he would pass out or those times he vomitted because his equilibrium was off were a heartbeat from an attack.  For the bypass surgery there was artery right by his heart they could use instead of using a vein in the leg.  By using this artery by the heart means they will never have to replace like you might with a vein from the leg.  (I do not have a medical license so I probably not using the right termology!).  We had two lake effect snow systems as well as just a normal snow system go through.   I was able to take off and be my Mom's chauffeur.  She loved it and I am glad I could use my snow eating jeep to cart her around safely.  Dad was grateful too.  Friday night was a doozy!!! The snow was super fine and coming down.  Little brother wanted to eat a certain restaurant which required a GPS.  He used his phone as well as a 'real' GPS.  He had us all over the place because the two were giving conflicting directions.  We didn't get to that restaurant but after a fast food joint, we made it home safely.  Poor Mom!  There are many more moments to come and I am excited to see.  

Do I really need to FEEL prayers when I can SEE God's Handwriting?  What do people mean by feeling prayers?  Is it because I am a visual person that I describe 'feeling' by sight and not a holy roller touched moment?  I don't think it is something to worry and fret over but it is a curiosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment