Saturday, January 07, 2012

Giving and Forgiving ...

What makes life worth the living
Is our giving and forgiving;
Giving tiny bits of kindness
That will leave a JOY behind us,
And forgiving bitter trifles 
That the right word often stifles,
For the little things are bigger
Than we often stop to figure.
What makes life worth the living
Is our giving and forgiving.
~ poem written by Thomas Grant Springer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhh, yes!  It is those little things.... those enjoyable things.... that are soooo huge.  Like his laughter.  Like his insight.  Like his love of God.  Like his gentleness with oh so shy me.  Like his words of encouragement.  I hold those so dear in my heart....  I will forgive to have all those precious little things back ... I did and phew! my heart has grown bigger than ever .... I think I shall burst!

No comments:

Post a Comment