Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fav Words of 2010

* Mellifluous* = 1) having a smooth rich flow 2) filled with something (as honey) that sweetens
I definitely love this word. I of course love honey now that I can't have the wretched white stuff.

* Cacophonous* = marked by harsh sounds
I love compare and constrast and this word is a perfect foil to mellifluous.

* Aubergine* = eggplant
I was told this was a word for the color of eggplant. She probably found the word in a catalog. I have looked for this word in the dictionaries and I cannot find. (doesn't help if you have too many u's in the word) Another thing is that this word is a British word originating from the French. Merriam-Webster has a neat feature that speaks the word. This word was a surprise to me!

I love purple and what better word to add to my vocabulary.

I enjoyed the movie "Love Happens" where the florist was like a word gorilla. I love words and I want to put more wow in my word knowledge! Now to be sneaky and leave words for other to discover!!

I had two other words that is on some yellow sticky note somewhere. I was bad and didn't retain them in my head. I will do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment