Monday, December 27, 2010

Fav reads of 2010

* "Come Alway My Beloved" by Frances J Roberts ***Best of Show***
Love her so much I got all her books!!!! I also have been giving to the girls in my life as gifts.

* "Vinegar Boy" by Alberta Haus
It was an audio that I must find the book for. It is a fictional story taking place at the time of Jesus at the Cross.

* "God Knows My Size" by Harvey Yoder.
Another audio book.

* "Daily Light" by Jonathan Bagster
I found this devotional to something simple but powerful for family time. It could be very thought provoking for teenagers. It is total God's Word and not someone else's take on it.

* "The Last Song" by Nicholas Sparks
Sparks's best book - about a father daughter love.

* "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks

* "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris
Of course the title is what drew me but I left it in the bookstore flyer until I found it at my favorite second hand shop! You could say I liked it because I have given up on getting married. I don't believe so because I do still believe in marriage so some of what Joshua purposes is hard to swallow for anyone especially those in love. What really struck home was he told both guys and girls to stop toying with each other. I totally agree. That is where the damage happens. I want to reread the book and I also want to check out his other book "Boy Meets Girl".

* "Oogy" by Larry Levin
A wonderful story about unconditional love of a dog even when mistreated.

* "Spoken from the Heart" by Laura Bush
I've started the book. It might be about Laura but also gives me a view into my Mom's world.

I am still working on the Narnia series! Yikes! On the docket is the GWB book. I also have the Kindle app so got some classics to read and others to reread.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ~ I see you like "Come Away My Beloved". Actually it has been a faithful companion alongside my Bible for some 40 years now. God has spoken many timely words into my life through all of Frances' books. She was a good friend and confidant during those years too. She was a talented songwriter and pianist too! In fact, she played the piano at the prayer meeting in which I was saved. Sadly, I attended her funeral this past July, as she went on to be with the Lord. She was a wonderful woman of God and I consider myself blessed to have been her friend. I am friends with her son Dan, who is carrying on her legacy by making these books still readily available. In fact, you can check out his website @ www.thekingspress.com and buy books online. As you know they make excellent gifts. Just talk to Dan, Frances' son. He's a great man of God too! BTW Have you ever read "Hinds' Feet on High Places" by Hannah Hurnard ?? It's an allegory. I am quite sure you would love it!! It brings me to tears each time I read it! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete