Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Next Three Days

Since I only write about movies I really like, you can already guess I will rate this pretty high - a 9 to be exact. With Russell Crowe being the lead, I can bank on a thoughtful story being told. This did not disappoint. It is an adventurous love story. It cannot be labeled as a chick flick because of the nail biting adventure but it is what this girl likes in a love story.

So answer this question: What would you do if your spouse is accused of murder? To top it off all the evidence points to her. You are sure of her innocence. You know her. She is not capable of murder. What would you do?

This movie gives you one answer. His wife is convicted and put behind bars but this does not stop him. She can't deal with so she attempts suicide and this just fuels his fire. At one prison visit his wife says she did it. (Here is my favorite part.). He looks straight into her eyes and tells her he will never ever believe that she did it. The movie shows you the hard decision of how much you are willing to do for love. Not love's first meeting but rather how you are willing to do for love that has history and a lived in feeling. Are you willing to kill for you love? Are you willing to get dirty? Are you willing to go forward without ever looking back? Mmmm, this is real love. All good stuff!

I loved how well this movie was written and played out. I love patterns which is all the math you will get out me! This movie was crafted around the power of three. Note the title and the flashes within the movie. Another little piece of interest is that the guy who played Russell Crowe's brother looks very similar making you think he is a real brother! Tell me if I am right! I like the relationship between father and son. It is strained and awkward for whatever reason but you see a father understand his son better what the son could ask for. So these are tidbits but help make the movie.

I did say this movie posed a question. I love questions and I love to flesh out an answer. So how would I answer this question? No, rather how should I answer this question. Even though I would profess deep love and would anything to preserve it, I love God more. If falsely accused and even though I would want to do as Russell Crowe, I would have to be wrongly accused and bear the punishment given with Godly love and joyful countenance. (II Cor 1:8-11)

**language & violence

1 comment:

  1. I just watched this movie again and I could help but realize this movie was white knight rescuing his princess. Of course I feel strongly about this. It is all a girl ask for - to be rescued and safe in her man's arms and eyes. This movie was brilliant.

    Dad stayed with this movie and he doesn't like movies!!! A plus!!!

    ReplyDelete