Sunday, November 28, 2010

my thank yous '10

*food allergies* This is my fourth year with the knowledge of where my severe headaches come from. With the elimination of these nasty food bits from my diet, not only am I free from head pain I eat healthy too. Before I think my sugar would fluctuate and I don't have those feelings of needing some sugar. Sure, it is a pain at times when dealing with people but I honestly don't miss much. In fact the sweets are kind of sickening when I think about them. *the Bible believing Baptist church that I am now attending* Wow, what a relief to be at a church where I know God's Word is preached and taught. I was beginning to worry about the state of churches in America but I know there is still a small remnant left and one is just the down the street for me to attend and to give back in. *family* I am thankful for Mom. She is a best friend too. She is always there and we have fun. I am thankful for my Dad. He is a thinker and has Wisdom. He is my covering and go to guy when I have to do guy things like taking care of the jeep. I am proud of my brothers. I love the girls who married them and for the little ones they are raising. Plus, for new life in Jaelyn who will arrive in March. I love my pups - all three hairy boys. Bobby, Andy, and Tink are sooooo adorable and very animated. They love wiggling their tails and demanding cookies from Sity (me) when I come over. They love to sit and sleep on Sunday afternoons. They miss it and get naughty when they can' have that time. God's Love Letter to me* I love His Word and it keeps me. *God working through my quiet and shy personality to guide me* I went to the wrong place to ask about fixing the exhaust on my Jeep. The guy was frustrating me and was left clueless what to do. I was there to get the tires pumped and asked the question. I was fuming while waiting for the tires to expand. I thought I was doing the right thing and even prayed about it because I was just a girl asking a grown up boy question about fixing my Jeep. It is way out of my comfort zone. I decided I would leave and not pursue it. I did have another option but I was mad because I had asked God to help me feel safe and get good answers. I had dealt with this guy before and didn't care for his style. I later had to come back to God and say thank You for taking care of me. Dad said I went to the wrong place! Whew. God made me mad so I won't do the wrong thing! ink, ink stamps, & paper punches* I love making cards even how simple I make them. They just add a special touch and I can use them over and over. I am visual and this is my new candy! Love. Love. Love. *my Mac* I have love the Mac for 18 years. It is beautiful and easy to love. I have been able to share it with my Dad this year because he is a gadget freak and is loving the Apple's iPad. He doesn't have one yet. He has been a hard sell. Too pricey he thinks but not so when you see the longevity of the product. An Apple store opened up a few towns over and it was fun to see my parents engage with the Apple toys. Tooooo cool. I have been working on Mom's emails, facebook, and iPod. Using their computer to get these fixed and connected is pure torture. Yikes, give me my Apple and I am a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment