Saturday, November 12, 2016

a little election timeline ...

for the past year:
I have been having a conversation about the election with my Australian friend.  We are respectful and feel safe expressing our thoughts with each other.  There has not been the least bit of animosity towards each other about this election.  Now why would he be interested in my election?  I asked him if he was vested in the outcome?  He said yes.  There is a kinship that he feels.  We have discussed his politics as well.

The differences between our politics are that I am a patriotic voter.  I haven't missed an opportunity to vote except for one primary.  He has to vote or he gets to pay a fine.  I vote for people.  He votes for the party and the party decides the person.  There has been some upheaval and hijinks with the PM office.  There has been four PM's in the span that Obama has been in office.  If someone in your party thinks you aren't doing your job, they will do a 'civil' coo and take your spot!

I have heard of heated arguments causing family members to refuse talking to each other.  My own brother got mad over FB posts that my father had posted.  I refuse to let silly political opinions get in the way of important things!  My loved ones are important.  I have also have been putting my focus on God & things above.  This will pass away.  Straw & chaff.

the week before:
I have been fortifying myself on Isaiah 33.  Oh, how pertinent to right now!

Sunday November 6, 2016:
I sent a sample ballot to my Australian friend to show him who I was voting for.  His question was 'you vote for all the people listed?" It just drove the point home to me how I got to vote for people & not just a party...

Tuesday November 8, 2016:
I cast my lot.  I stood in line for 18 minutes and 55 seconds & that was a first for me! I never had to stand in line before.  While waiting found myself 'profiling' others around me wondering which candidate they were voting for.  I planned on checking out the results for the first bit knowing that it was going to go to Hillary then I was going to pop in a movie and then off to bed.  My state was the first to go to Trump.  Wait!  Something is up with Florida......  I ended up chatting with my Australian friend as we both watched the American people make a statement!

Wednesday November 9, 2016:
A new day!  Psalm 40:2  "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the muck & mire; He set my feet on the Rock & gave me a firm place to stand."  It wasn't who got in the highest office of the land.  It was that the election was the period at the end of a very murky and slimy chapter.  Now a new chapter awaits all fresh and clean to start anew.  Again it isn't about who was elected but rather it was that each vote casted came together and made a huge statement that stunned the world.  Now to figure out what to do.

Thursday November 10, 2016:
The transition of power has begun although very awkward & stiff.  The hot button word -- mandate -- was used because all three Branches of government are held by Republicans.  Protests in all its ugliness are have been organized & have been very destructive.

When I heard mandate, I stopped.  No, the mandate isn't for the president-elect.  The mandate is the people.  They made the statement Tuesday night.  The people need to decide what that mandate is.  Let me say it for the people!

People's Mandate:  "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, & secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves & our posterity, do ordain & establish this Constitution for the United States of America"   have vowed to love one another from this day forward.  It is no longer about the selfie.  It is about respecting & uplifting my fellowman.  That is what union is all about -- perfecting our love for one another.

Yes, I know tall order!  But when you have the silent make their voice heard, it means they have been forgotten & it will not be tolerated anymore.  We cannot survive by being this divided!!!!  Behaving is a better statement than protesting.

John 15:8  "This is My Father's Glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be My disciples."   What times we live in.  What a contrast my life can be in this dark world...


Friday November 11, 2016:
I have a foxhole view of what is happening.  I am livid that people are resorting to protests.  Protests have never been constructive.  I am trying to figure out how American can survive.  My Australian friend sees a more arial view.  He sees a revolution that is spreading worldwide.  It isn't just Brexit or America's election but other countries like Australia is finding that expanding a progressive liberal agenda has to contract because it doesn't work.

Psalm 5:8  'Lead me, O Lord, in Your Righteousness because of my enemies-- make straight Your Way before me.'



No comments:

Post a Comment