Monday, July 06, 2015

a list vs off the cuff ...

I had a nice long vacation.  This time I did not write down and map out what I wanted to accomplish with my ten days.  There where some things that were a given like shopping with Mom and helping her with my nieces.  It was the spaces where it was just me and the house.  There is sooooooo much to do and I did not want to beat myself up about not accomplishing anything at the end.

I just wanted a reboot.  Get rid of bad habits and make new ones.  I am sooooooo tired of my messy house.  With work it is so easy to be lazy about my house and about me.  I wanted to change all of that.  So how did I do?

I don't want to go to work in the morning, of course!  However, I do feel very happy with my vacation.  I loitered in bed when I could.  I read whenever I wanted to.  Picked up after myself.  Cooked and cleaned up after myself.  I never felt interrupted or frazzled because I had to go to work.  I even did some writing.  Some things got done and I am so happy.  There are some things that still need attention but maybe now I can get to them.  Well, the list is long but I got to keep going.

In a month's time I am taking another week off.  I can't wait!!  Do I write down a list or just go off the cuff?  It is a battle.  So much to accomplish but it sooooooo good to just enjoy life at a slower pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment