Sunday, July 04, 2010

patriotic for the Kingdom ...

I am a bit of a patriotic junkie. I like the flag and the story behind the flag. Every time the National Anthem plays, I am taken back to seeing the ripped and torn flag still there. My favorite decorating color is blue and from my teaching days the red apples combined to a patriotic living room with the flag and stars being the main feature. I love the rich bold colors and I enjoy wearing them too. I love the history and I tear up on the dedication given with sweat and lives.

I have been thinking about my patriotism for my real homeland because I am just passing through this one. Am I patriotic of the Kingdom of God? Is being patriotic for the Kingdom of God shown in my desire to win souls for Christ?

Every time I see my fellow man striving after worldly things that do not satisfy or when they are in the midst of trouble, all I can think about is how are they surviving without the Hand of God guiding them in the sorrows?

{sighs}

I see treasure stored in heaven as people... but being the witness has been a daily lesson that I get so discourage with.... I am to be the salt and light here... I am the raiment left ... saving America (and the world) from the end times ... am I making a difference? Once the salt is gone... woe to the world....

As I add more numbers to my days, the patriotism for America dims (and yes, heightens for Americans to get right with God), my patriotism for Christ and His Kingdom grows. I see that as a right of passage for the believer who is growing in Christ. I smile at that... especially after having a discussion with an Australian believer over patriotism. I had a lot of love for my country and was convicted and wasn't sure how to convert it to love for my homeland, Heaven. It all stems from falling in Love with Christ Jesus and the Word of God.... It comes! It helps too (sadly) that American has fallen away from her roots. Our country isn't under God anymore and I weep for the promise that we have broken on our part.... I have a promise to keep.... I must be the salt worthy to flavor and influence my place here while passing through....

No comments:

Post a Comment