Tuesday, August 15, 2006

uh oh! no pumpkin bumps ...

I checked on my babies on Sunday. We planted 2 kinds of blue ozzie pumpkins, Bush Baby & Jarrahdales. One side of the patch has pumpkin babies and pumpkin bumps. The other side of the patch has no babies or pumpkin bumps. Our name tags are long gone as the vine has exploded all over the place! So if I only get one set of blue pumpkins, we will have to open them up to see what kind they are. I paid close attention to the seeds. Bush Baby seeds look like pumpkin seed sandwich with a little filling between the halves!

Dad said that the blossoms are female and male. Of course only the female blossoms grow pumpkins. Hmmm, so I have all male blossoms on the one kind of pumpkin? grrrrrr!!!!

Oh, right now the blue pumpkins are green in color. Bro's yankie pumpkins are turning orange already. He calls his volunteer pumpkins from a pumpkin he threw out last year. His had about a month head start. He may be having his pumpkin display in September instead of October!

Love the going out to my pumpkin patch. So much mystery and delight in growing process.

mad chow : pumpkin bump

No comments:

Post a Comment