Monday, August 07, 2006

at His feet ...

faith zone not safe zone
Choosing God's way, instead of your own, will stretch your faith and cause it to grow. In the same way a muscle grows when you work it, your faith grows when you work it. You may not necessarily like how it feels at first, but that is a sign that you're growing. God is taking you to a higher level and if you'll continue exercising your faith, you'll grow stronger and stronger.
fr: Joel & Victoria Osteen's email devotional

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:1)

Go to the Throne 1st .. not the 'phone'.
~ Joyce Myers


God's 3 R's: Relax .. Refresh .. Relinquish

1 Thessalonians 2:18 - Satan hindered us.
Since the first hour in which goodness came into conflict with evil, it has never ceased to be true in spiritual experience, that Satan hinders us. From all points of the compass, all along the line of battle, in the vanguard and in the rear, at the dawn of day and in the midnight hour, Satan hinders us. If we toil in the field, he seeks to break the ploughshare; if we build the wall, he labours to cast down the stones; if we would serve God in suffering or in conflict-everywhere Satan hinders us. He hinders us when we are first coming to Jesus Christ. Fierce conflicts we had with Satan when we first looked to the cross and lived. Now that we are saved, he endeavours to hinder the completeness of our personal character.
fr: Spurgeon's Aug 7th Evening


Dearest Heavenly Father,
I am listening. To the outside reader it may seem a bit jumbled. It is pieces from here and there but I am seeking.

I think it comes to the fullness and completeness of my character. I feel him hinder me. I feel I am so on the verge of something stirring and powerful only to have something blow up here or there along the way.

With each hinderence I must fall at Your feet and look straight away into Your Face. I need You. I want You. I crave You. I want to have this fullness of character. You know what? I am trembling. I am afraid. You have said to cry out and I have been and I feel no where close to having Your Eyes. I need to relinquish... I give all my fears and trembling heart to You for safe keeping.....

I love You for loving me and not giving up on me.
~always Your little girl


Spurgeon : tipping point

No comments:

Post a Comment