Friday, August 04, 2006

gift of family ...

I am a soaker. I watched each person as they came through the line to pay their respects. I listened intently to their connection and their story. I paid close attention to who they talked to and their actions. I surprised some by knowing who they were...

The funeral was done by two ministers who where nephews of my grandma. I entered with tears because I don't want to say good-bye. As group of nephews, grandnephews & nieces, great grandnephews & nieces sang several old hymns in voice only, my heart began to soar because I have great hope...

My heart thanks God for my grandma when memories flood my mind. Isn't God Good to give us families that we are connected to? It is such a gift. As I look back to all four of my grandparents I am taken back to the memories and I see how a part of them I carry within my own personality. And if I look back upon my memories, how much more did Grandma look upon her memories as her days became long and slow? A great many of her family are on the other side waiting for her...

I saw for the first time a picture of my Grandparent H's wedding picture! I want to get a copy and then I want a copy of my Grandparent L's wedding picture. I want to have them in a sapein color and framed for my wall. I want to remember!!!

was this expected?

No comments:

Post a Comment