Monday, August 28, 2006

jarrahdales, finally!

Remember me being frustrated a bit that it seemed that only one kind of blue pumpkin was growing and that I wouldn’t get any pumpkins from the other variety? Well, when I had talked with Dad on Friday afternoon, he told me the good news that the others had pumpkin bumps and that they where longer than the ‘round ones’. I was sooooo excited that I even had a dream about them that night! I know silly me!

Yesterday, I took my weekly visit. There were 2 baby Jarrahdales and one Jarrahdale pumpkin bump! They are a longer baby. Whereas the Bush Baby Pumpkins are nice round things! In seed catalogue the Bush Baby have a gestation of 100 days and the Jarrahdales have 120 days. It just seemed a little weird because all the plants had the yellow blooms about the same time. So need to worry huh? Let them seeds pop according to their preprogrammed way!

I am soooo excited now. I had gotten two varieties to see how they would grow and how the shapes and maybe the coloring would be. Contrasts peeks my interest! Amazing how something new catches my eye each time I visit my blue pumpkin patch. Seeds are totally amazing!

Mad chow: butterfly landing pads

1 comment:

  1. That's SOOOO exciting!!!
    Wooohooo for God's amazing creations!!!!

    ReplyDelete