Monday, August 21, 2006

sky bruises ...

I have always been intrigued by the evening phases. I love the way the sky expresses itself as it goes to bed. Silly me even has names for them and as of tonight named another one.

The rabbit hour is after having supper which is about 7:00PM. Looking out in the back 40, rabbits are here and there crouching in the grass. It seems they are just content chewing and chewing.

Then comes the pinking hour. This is when the evening sky is awash in pink. The sun dips low and the clouds glow. Tonight there was golden orange and pink clouds stretching themselves across the entire western sky! So brilliant I had to capture them with my camara.

Sky Bruises is where the sun has slipped down past the horizon leaving behind the radiant peek of glow. The long stretch of clouds once golden orange have taken on the color of purply blue bruises against the darking sky. I cannot help but love sunsets. What an Awesome Creator!

moment captured : hello Mr. Soft Wispy White Full Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment