Sunday, August 20, 2006

tempation wilderness ...

Have you ever wonder what the purpose of tempation is for? For me chocolate USED to be a huge one for me. The hold on me was broken when I found out the cause of my daily painful headaches. True I will take a bite of chocolate and go about my way where as before I would gorge myself until I had a happy little grin. I can still fall if on a lonely night where my whole day went wrong, I would take a bite and still here it call to me. I forget and need to be reminded that is what the frozen blueberries are for ... to gorge on those and keep my mind off the chocolate temptation.

I am reading "Surprise Endings" by Ron Mehl. Chapter 2 is about tempation. What really struck me was how ...
' ... Satan often { always } offers us things that are already ours ... if we are willing to WAIT AND TRUST GOD FOR THEM.
Whoa! already ours? I am a sucker everytime?

So if I take in company that is potentially harmful all because I am lonely means Satan just tempted me in the area that I already have?

My dearest child,
I know how you long for a steady companionship. I know you see in your wake heartache of broken relationships past. You wonder what you have done wrong. Remember that I Am the Steady Companionship in your life. I have been there to catch the broken pieces of your heart. I whisper truth to your listening soul. Just be still and keep your eyes on Me.

Don't trade your relationship with Me for lesser human ones. Let Me lead you in this way. I have gone before you and I walk with you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged. (deut 31:8) I am strenthening your resolutions and your convictions. Watch and see your faith become strong. Keep your eyes on Me. You are rich because I overflow your life with blessing. Be steafast. Be not afraid of this lonely wilderness. I am with you always! Love with abandon just like I taught you. Remember your friends I have sent to you. Overflow with My Love. It is new every morning like manna of old. Don't be afraid of breaking. Your heart grows back bigger and better. I Am the Heart Healer. You are written in My Hands and I hold you. Love with abandon ... I am your All. No trading.
~ always your Heavenly Husbandman.

Jesus knew well how the wilderness in our lives is a preamble of joy and blessing when we trust in Him.

The wilderness shows man the truth of who he is.

The wilderness of tempation forces me to acknowledge the power and care of the Almighty God.

It's a place without the noice of many voices that would draw us away from the plan of God for our lives.

It's a place of deep resolution and often where the deep convictions which mold our lives in God take shape and find their expression.

If a Bad Thing such as tempation compels us to rivet our attention on Him, it's a Good Thing.
fr : Surprise Endings by Ron Mehl (ch 2)

lonely day = important day

No comments:

Post a Comment