Friday, August 18, 2006

first mango & first black grapes ...

In my quest to eat Macintosh apple everyday I am finding that grocery stores are running dry of my favorite apple. I am having to suffer through red & golden delicious varieties. Sorry, but they are not
delicious to my moarning taste buds.

To kick it up a notch I have been trying out new fruits to go along with an old standard the banana. I've had my first mango and my first black grapes this week!!!

The black grapes mimic black licorice in their looks. Of course any grape is a joy to just pop in your mouth and eat away. However, the black grapes did not seem to make my tummy feel 'bloaty'.

My first mango was a very delicious treat. I did my homework and got a soft mango with the red blush. There was a bit of green still there and I probably could have let it ripen few more days. While freeing the fruit from peal and seed, I popped in a golden orange chuck and was rewarded with a yummy sweetness. I have this mango sherbet recipe that called for honey rather than the dreaded sugar that I wanted to try. I blended the ingredients and poured into my ice cream maker. It was frozen perfection!

Unfortunately, my things are deciding to up and break. No, I am not hard on my stuff. Maybe it is just that they are wearing out. Guess I've been keeping house for 10 years now. Sadly, my ice cream maker has seen its last day. I will look but I doubt whether I will be replacing it anytime soon. Bummer =(

mad chow : uh oh! NO pumpkin bumps?

No comments:

Post a Comment