Saturday, August 19, 2006

butterfly landing pads ...

Did my weekly blue pumpkin visit and found myself in the midst of butterfly fly zones! I am not talking about the small fluffy white or the fluffy yellow butterflies that are common summer occurances though they where out and about today. I am talking the big butterflies!

I was memorized by an orange butterfly with black spots on the upper wings with black lower wings. He landed on the huge pumpkin leaf flapping his wings. So beautiful! Then a big yellow butterfly did a flyby... about scared me to death. The there where what I would call rocky road butterflies doing 'your it' game or maybe they female and male doing their courtship dance.

I just stood there in awe of all the wings. Oh yeah, the blue pumpkins? I did take a peek. There is a nice one in the middle. Most are the green color but I notice they are changing to a white green. Wonder how soon I will see the blue....

mad chow: first mango & first black grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment