Sunday, December 18, 2005

the gift i gave...

"What was your favorite gift that you have gave to someone?" God asked His beloved child.

"Last summer when I went to pick up my developed pictures, I was browsing among the card section and found simple book called 'God Thinks You're Wonderful' by Max Lucado with cute illustrations. I thought of my dear friend immediately. I thought what a wonderful way to support him and also a way for him to begin an unique Christmas tradition with his kids. It would encourage him and tell Your Love Story in a unique way to his kids. It was summer .... so I just let this idea simmer away. Early fall came and at my local craft shop I found these white ceramic Christmas ornaments. Perfect for me to paint. I picked up two stockings and one victorian cone ornaments. I began to think up my dear friend's and his children's favorite colors. The girl was easy. On her's I painted rose flowers and ribbon. On the boy's I painted patches ... one with his toe sticking out for his wonderful sence of humor. On my dear friend's I used his love of blue. Each of these ornaments bore their names as these where to symbolize each person. Inside the ornaments I wrote 'loved' this was another layer ... a simple yet layered way to tell each of them that they are vessels loved by You. I packed it up and mailed it to a far away land." She beamed as she told of her special gift. Yet there was a tear...

"Why is there a look of sadness in the depth of your eyes?" God's heart was sad for He already knew.

"Well, I thought he would get it. He always got it before. I had to even ask when the present was opened. I had to explain but it was already lost. I had grand expectations ... I was seeing this a sorce of confidence from You. It seems to have failed." She wept. His Ever-Lasting Arms surrounded her.

"Ahhh, my child. When you give the best of yourself, and they reject you it is pain beyond pain. I know. Remember what else you visioned when you prepared this gift?" His voice was gentle and healing.

"Yes, I do. I remember seeing that this little book would be a light ... a glimmer ... a hope ... possibly a jolt ... to let You Shine Your Glorious Light on his dark days .... to let him know that on the other side of the world was a little girl praying ... uplifting his arms in prayer...." She whispered.

"Yes, little one. Indeed when he is at his lowest ... when he has pushed everyone away ... when he is most isolated ... I whisper ... calling his name .... He will give up all to find My Peace ... You know I have My Name already written upon his heart. I know you wish Joy upon his days. That is My journey for him in time. All you have is your KingdomMail. That is all you can have of him. His loss anyway right? He isn't what you need at this time. I Am." God gently rocked her to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. And you are so right... He is enough for you, He is sufficient for all your needs, He receives the sacrifices and gifts you pour out from your heart to Him and He never, ever turns away from you...

    Your dear friend is held in the loving arms of the Saviour who brings His Light into the darkness, His Hope into the despair... true life, joy and peace come only from Him...

    ReplyDelete